A period of "Stability and Growth," the third period, extends from 1951-1971. Pastor Brown was called home in September, 1951 on short notice. After a brief period in which the Reverend S.L. Greenup served as Interim minister. The Reverend Lawyer Fields, a local Minister, became the third Pastor and served throughout this twenty year period.
Strength and commitment were added to the Church leadership and Board of Deacons by the addition of J.L. Harrison, John James, Vanderbilt Sewell, Frederick Wallace, Tommie Roberson, Oliver Jack, Sr., Willie McGee, Oliver Selders, Samuel Locks, Ebb Norman, Willie Hawkins, Carl Porter, Foster Reese, Jr., Woodrow Robinson and Charles Calvin.
The congregation felt the need for further renovations of the physical plant. Construction of the present building commenced in 1961. Most of the work was done by male members of the church under the supervision of Deacon Frederick Wallace. The congregation was forced to worship in Cook's Theater on Scenic Highway while construction was underway.
In April, 1962, Pastor Fields led the congregation in the new sanctuary at a cost of $46,964.82. Additional renovations were made in 1968 at a cost of $25,000 under the direction of Emerson McKnight.
The culmination of this period of stability and growth was in 1971. In that year, Pastor Fields, for health reasons, terminated his service as Pastor on December 31. He was honored by the Church in his selection as Pastor Emeritus